Acoustic doors and frame assemblies are specialized products uniquely designed to minimize the transmission of sound waves that pass through a door opening. They help create private, secure, and sound-controlled environments for applications across various industries. In this blog, we will explore some of the commonly used applications of acoustic doors and their benefits:
- The music and entertainment industry are often the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about acoustic or sound control products. Environments centered around music or audio experiences, such as recording studios, concert venues, theaters, and broadcasting studios, require a high degree of sound attenuation to preserve sound quality and limit sound transmission from adjacent rooms and corridors. Acoustic doors are an essential component of media production as they help achieve the desired sound quality while preventing unwanted external noise disruptions.
- Academic Setting: The implementation of sound control measures in schools is becoming an increasingly common practice. Academic environments are a unique setting where the absence of sound control can produce lasting adverse effects. Background noises in classrooms can have significant effects on student performance, stress levels, and knowledge intake, even when the noise doesn’t involve distracting information. Acoustics doors can mitigate these negative effects by isolating classrooms and create a conducive learning environment for students as well as teachers.
- Healthcare environment: Acoustic doors play a crucial role in healthcare. Hospitals, clinics, and rehabilitation centers require effective noise control measures and prioritize privacy and confidentiality. Acoustic doors and frames offer an optimal solution by providing enhanced privacy, enabling secure and confidential conversations between patients and healthcare providers. Additionally, acoustic openings in healthcare training rooms and boardrooms improve the ability to freely communicate and conduct critical training.
- In busy manufacturing and testing facilities, noise control can greatly impact employee safety, performance, and success. Acoustic doors and frames create sound-controlled work environments promoting concentration and productivity. Excessive noise can be a source of distraction, miscommunication, and fatigue. This can pose a significant threat to employees’ safety and efficiency. Whether blocking factory noise or isolating quiet workspaces from bustling spaces, acoustic openings can ensure a healthy and productive workspace.
- Lastly, government and military organizations are the largest users of acoustic doors. Sound control plays a critical role in both settings. The need for secure and sound-controlled environments is of the utmost importance in these sectors. Speech privacy is essential in keeping sensitive information confidential and secure. Acoustic-resistant door assemblies play a vital role in ensuring sound control and speech privacy in meeting rooms, private offices, data centers, command centers, and training rooms.
Acoustic door and frame assemblies are essential in many industries with different sound control requirements. They help foster healthy, productive, and secure environments. AMBICO’s acoustic door and frame assemblies are available in steel and wood across various STC ratings and opening configurations. Acoustic fixed window assemblies are also available for a wide range of applications and performance ratings. To learn more about our acoustic products, visit our acoustic assembly product page.