AMBICO bullet resistant steel overhead doors are secure from ballistic attack with the appearance and function of conventional vertical lift sectional door products. Our complete range of bullet resistant doors are readily available and can be furnished with factory installed bullet resistant glazing, hardware, counterbalance system, electric operator and safety devices.
- Full engineering capability to design and manufacture bullet resistant overhead door and hardware assemblies to meet the demanding safety requirements of the end user.
- Factory personnel are available on demand to oversee product installation anywhere in the world.
- UL Levels available: UL Level 1 to UL Level 8
- UL Level One standard to protect against medium power small arms (Super 38 Automatic).
- UL Level Two standard to protect against high power small arms (.357 Magnum Revolver).
- UL Level Three standard to protect against super power small arms (.44 Magnum Revolver).
- UL Level Four standard to protect against high power rifle attack (30-06 Rifle) where anticipated threat levels are high.
- UL Levels Five through Eight to protect against military assault weapons using armor piercing ballistics.
UL Levels available: UL Level 1 to UL Level 8
Can a bullet resistant door stop any type of bullet fired at it?
Bullet resistant doors are subject to the criteria established in the document UL 752. AMBICO offers eight distinct “levels” of bullet resistance ranging from a small .38 handgun (Level I) through to a 762 high powered military assault rifle (Level VIII). When selecting an AMBICO bullet resistant door and frame please do so with reference to the anticipated threat by referring to the overview tab. If you are uncertain about your choice contact us with your questions.
The door must be very heavy. Do I need special hardware with a bullet resistant door?
AMBICO bullet resistant doors vertical lift section doors weigh approximately 20 pounds per square foot. AMBICO includes all required track, hangers, brackets, guides, counterbalance system and electric operating system with the supply of the door. Factory installation supervision is also available to oversee correct site installation and operation of complete door system.
|Rating||Ammunition||Grain||g||Minimum Velocity||Number of shots|
|Level 1||9mm Full metal copper jacket lead core||124||(8.0)||1,175||(358)||3|
|Level 2||.357 Magnum jacketed lead soft point||158||(10.2)||1,250||(381)||3|
|Level 3||.44 Magnum lead semi-wadcutter gas checked||240||(15.6)||1,350||(411)||3|
|Level 4||.30 caliber Rifle lead core soft point||180||(11.7)||2,540||(774)||1|
|Level 5||7.62 mm Rifle lead core full metal jacket, military ball||150||(9.7)||2,750||(838)||1|
|Level 6||9mm full metal copper jacket with lead core||124||(8.0)||1,400||(427)||5|
|Level 7||5.56 mm Rifle full metal copper jacket with lead core||55||(3.56)||3,080||(939)||5|
|Level 8||7.62 mm Rifle lead core full metal copper jacket, military ball||150||(9.7)||2,750||(838)||5|
g – gram
fps – feet per second
m/s – meters per second