AMBICO sliding acoustic steel doors combine outstanding sound transmission loss with the appearance of standard sliding door products.
- Testing of acoustic door/frame units by independent laboratories complies with the most up-to-date standards.
- Door thickness will vary depending on acoustic rating and the size of the opening.
- Units are supplied complete with perimeter gasketing system and all operable hardware. Electric operators are available.
- Doors are available with acoustic glazing that is factory pre-installed.
- Outstanding service and lead times.
|STC Available:||STC 33||to||STC 54|
STC stands for “sound transmission class”. It represents a method of measuring sound transmission loss through a barrier ie. a door or a wall. The higher the STC rating the better the sound deadening property of the door. Ambico provides 1 3/4″ thick doors from STC 33 to STC 53. Doors up to 6″ in overall thickness provide a rating of STC 56. Let us help you select an acoustic product that will meet your project requirements.
Are acoustic steel doors supplied with seals and door hardware?
Perimeter seals, bottom seals and thresholds are always supplied as they are integral to the sound deadening properties of the door/frame unit. Heavy duty sliding door hardware including track, brackets, hangers, guides, acoustic perimeter seals, threshold and valance is supplied loose for site installation. Electric operator and safety devices are readily available options. Installation supervision to assist with the correct installation and function of the door assembly. Electric operators should be considered when door panels weigh in excess of 350 lbs.
Can acoustic steel doors be provided with glass lites?
AMBICO has tested glazed acoustic doors that have achieved STC 52. Glazing material must be factory pre-installed.