Ambico Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites (ambico.com and ambico.ca). This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletter, requesting a quote or contacting us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
We will not provide your details to any third parties without your permission, except where it is required to fulfil your demands.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to report aggregate information to our advertisers and affiliates and to audit the use of our site. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individuals. We can and will use IP addresses to identify you when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our website or to protect our service, site, customers or others.
On our website, we use various tools to measure and analyze information on visits to the site. To that effect, we use your IP address (a series of numbers that identifies a computer on the internet) to collect, among other things, internet traffic data and data regarding your browser type and computer. We will not use the data to identify you personally.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- if you provide us with your email address or phone number, we may choose to send you a follow-up email or phone call, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our team or third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If any AMBICO entity or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of AMBICO, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will only process your personal data for marketing purposes where you have explicitly consented for us to do so. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Applicable data protection legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee, as specified in the relevant legislation, to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
CHILD USE OF SITES
Our websites are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. Furthermore, it is not our intention to extend promotional offers to children. Should this occur in error, we will take immediate action, upon notification of the child’s age, to modify our records and eliminate the chance for future offers of this nature.
1120 Cummings Avenue
Ottawa, ON, Canada